I decided that it's my turn to contribute something to the blog. I actually stole this off the Betty Crocker website, but the picture is mine because I tried it (also they were supposed to be mini-cupcakes but I made them full-size).
KEY LIME CUPCAKES
contributed by Emily McBride
Cupcake: normal yellow cake mix cupcakes
Green frosting:
1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup Key lime juice
4 drops green food color
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
In large bowl, beat pudding mix and whipping cream with wire whisk 2 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes. Beat in 1/4 cup Key lime juice and the food color; stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
White frosting:
1 container Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting
1 tablespoon Key lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel (I used lemon zest because I didn't have a lime)
So, here's a picture. This is really easy, everyone liked it, and there actually was enough leftover frosting that I probably could have done another half a batch of cupcakes.
Thanks for posting Emily - they look delish!
ReplyDelete