Every time I try a new recipe, my family sits down to dinner and then votes on how good it was. The recipes that will go on this blog were voted, "It's A Keeper" by my family! I hope you enjoy them and I really hope that my extended family will add their own "keeper" recipes to this site.
Chrissie

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lemon Blossoms

LEMON BLOSSOMS
contributed by Chrissie McBride

I got this recipe from Paula Deen on the Food Channel. I have been told that they taste sort of like a lemon Krispy Kreme donut!

1 yellow cake mix
1 small package instant lemon pudding mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil

Glaze:
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 lemon, zested
3 T. oil
3 T. water

Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend well in mixer until smooth. Fill each muffin tin about half way. Bake for 12 minutes. Turn out onto a towel.

Mix glaze ingredients and dip cupcakes into the glaze while they are still warm. Make sure they are completely covered. Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath to catch any drips. Let the glaze set completely before storing in air-tight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...