Every time I try a new recipe, my family sits down to dinner and then votes on how good it was. The recipes that will go on this blog were voted, "It's A Keeper" by my family! I hope you enjoy them and I really hope that my extended family will add their own "keeper" recipes to this site.
Chrissie

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Meat Loaf


This recipe is for Ginna. It's actually what finally got me going to start this blog because she just asked me for the recipe again - after asking for over a year! Here you go Ginna - I hope you enjoy it!

MEAT LOAF
contributed by Chrissie McBride

2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg. McCormick Meatloaf Seasoning Mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
3 slices torn white bread

Meat Loaf Glaze:
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tsp. mustard

Mix all meat loaf ingredients (except glaze ing.) in large bowl until well blended. Shape mixture into a loaf. I usually use a glass dish instead of a bread pan and make it longer and a little wider.

Mix glaze ingredients together and then spread it on top of the meat. Bake at 375 for 50 to 60 minutes. I usually serve with some kind of vegetable and load mashed potatoes. It is definitely one of the boy's favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...