Every time I try a new recipe, my family sits down to dinner and then votes on how good it was. The recipes that will go on this blog were voted, "It's A Keeper" by my family! I hope you enjoy them and I really hope that my extended family will add their own "keeper" recipes to this site.
Chrissie

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strawberry Cake


I got this delicious recipe from Krissy Patterson and there was no turning back.  2 or 3 of my kids request this for EVERY birthday.  It is so yummy!

1/2 or 1 white cake mix
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1 small Cool Whip
1 pkg. raspberry Junket Danish Dessert (or strawberry)
2 pints strawberries

Prepare cake mix by direction on the box.  I usually just make the whole thing and then use the leftover half to make cupcakes or something.  Cool.  Beat softened cream cheese and slowly add Cool Whip while mixing.  I've tried dumping them in at the same time and I always get lumps when I do this.  Add a little powdered sugar to sweeten to taste.

Spread mixture on cooled cake and refrigerate.  Clean and cut strawberries.  Make Danish Dessert by directions on back of box.  Let cool and then stir in strawberries.  Spread on top of cream cheese layer.  Keep refrigerated.  Eat - Eat - Eat!!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...