Every time I try a new recipe, my family sits down to dinner and then votes on how good it was. The recipes that will go on this blog were voted, "It's A Keeper" by my family! I hope you enjoy them and I really hope that my extended family will add their own "keeper" recipes to this site.
Chrissie

Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainbow Jello


If you have a day to spare and a child to do this with, it is a lot of fun!  Ryan and I made this for St. Patrick's Day.  I loved the finished product, but I think I would only do it once a year.  My kids weren't really excited about the sour cream, so next time I think I might try mixing in Cool Whip or something.  They still liked it though :)

3 oz. boxes of Jello (do as many colors of the rainbow as you want)
Large container sour cream
Hot Water
Golden coins or Rolos
Spray whipped cream
1 glass 9x13 pan

Start with the darkest color of the rainbow.  Put packet of jello in a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water.  Stir to dissolve.  In a separate bowl, put 1/3 cup sour cream and 1/2 of the dissolved jello.  Mix well and pour into the 9x13 pan.  Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes or until firm.

Add 3 Tablespoons water to the leftover mixture and pour it onto the sour cream layer.  Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes or until firm.  Do the same with each color of jello you have.  Serve with spray whipped cream for clouds and add your coins or Rolos.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...