Every time I try a new recipe, my family sits down to dinner and then votes on how good it was. The recipes that will go on this blog were voted, "It's A Keeper" by my family! I hope you enjoy them and I really hope that my extended family will add their own "keeper" recipes to this site.
Chrissie

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tortilla Soup


Saute:
1 T. Oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped Bell Pepper
1/2 - 2 diced Jalapeno (depending on taste)

Simmer: (I throw it in the crock pot all day)
3-4 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
6-8 cups Chicken Broth
1 can Corn (juice included)
1 or 2 cans tomatoes (juice included)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 can Ranch Style Beans
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
2 tsp. Cumin
1 T. Lime Juice
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Assemble:
I cook a few servings of rice in my rice cooker.  Then when it is time to dish, I put a scoop of rice in the bowl first and then add the soup.  Garnish with tortilla chips and avocado.  Yum :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...