Every time I try a new recipe, my family sits down to dinner and then votes on how good it was. The recipes that will go on this blog were voted, "It's A Keeper" by my family! I hope you enjoy them and I really hope that my extended family will add their own "keeper" recipes to this site.
Chrissie

Monday, June 29, 2009

Spicy Shepherds Pie

SPICY SHEPHERD'S PIE
contributed by Chrissie McBride

1 pound lean ground beef, browned
1 can black beans, drained
1 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1/2 can olives, sliced
1 packet taco seasoning (or 1/4 cup)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 /2 tsp. salt
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger; add everything except for mashed potatoes and cheese. Simmer for a few minutes. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Top with 1/2 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. Is this only for family? If not, can you invite my old roommate Lisa?

    misslisamarisa@gmail.com

    If not, that's okay. I don't have the authorization to invite her anyway.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...